The following instructions explain how to enable or disable an existing product in your Magento 2 store. Sometimes, it may be necessary to turn off (disable) a product that you no longer wish to have displayed on your web store. Or, after having added a new product and choosing to keep the product from being seen on your web store until you have all the features set up, you may be ready to have the product appear on the web store. The following procedure will accomplish that task.
1. Log into Magento
2. From the dashboard, click on Catalog on the left-hand sidebar
3. Then select Products
4. To select the product you desire to enable (or disable), click on the ‘Filters’ button the upper right-hand area of the page.
5. Enter the critieria to filter by, then click on the ‘Apply Filters’ button on the right-hand side of the page.
6. From the list of filtered products, locate the desired product and click on the blue ‘Edit’ option under the ‘Action’ heading to open the product settings.
You can click on just about any part of the product record to open the product settings.
7. To enable (turn on) or disable (turn off) the product, slide the ‘Enable Product’ switch to Yes (to turn it on) or to No (to turn it off).
8. Then click the orange ‘Save’ button in the upper right-hand corner of the page.